Late is better than never, right? 🙂
I finally got a small break from the endless studies, so I decided to share my experience during C++ Russia 2018, an amazing C++ developer conference that I was lucky to attend as a volunteer.
The conference is a fun 3 day long event hosted by the C++ Russia User Group, and an opportunity to listen to deep knowledge and practical wisdom of speakers from all over the world. This year’s keynote speaker was Jon Kalb, the C++ developer with 25-years of expirience.
I managed to attend a number of talks, including:
- Interactive C++ Compilation (REPL): The Lean Way by Viktor Kirilov
- C++ No-Launch Code Debugging by Anastasia Kazakova
- Building in Docker with Conan by Evgeny Lukyanets
- Concept Based Testing by Dietmar Kühl
- CMake Pitfalls and Where to Find Them by Dmitry Kozhevnikov
- WebAssembly Transition: Is It Worth It? by Pavel Bulatov
I have also met many interesting people, some developers I previously messaged with, and made new friends 🙂
I would like to thank Sergey Platonov, the event manager, for this awesome experience.